The obesity audit and development of this tool was undertaken collaboratively with funding from the Public Health Agency (NI) and support from the Health Service Executive (RoI). The PANI Tool is currently being updated in collaboration with the Association for the Study of Obesity on the Island of Ireland (ASOI) and the Public Health England Obesity Knowledge and Intelligence Team (formerly NOO).
Select an option to get started:
What is the PANI Tool
The PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND NUTRITION INTERVENTION (PANI) TOOL helps policy makers and practitioners to identify and critically compare interventions from across the Island of Ireland and Britain that are designed to achieve specific objectives in particular populations. It:
- Helps users to clarify their objectives
- Brings together relevant EVIDENCE, POLICY and INTERNATIONAL INITIATIVES
- Gathers together DETAILS of relevant INTERVENTIONS
- Provides an interface to identify alternative interventions that warrant further consideration
It will also help you learn what other people are doing; encouraging collaboration and building networks.
- INCLUSION OF AN INTERVENTION IN THE PANI TOOL SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS AN ENDORSEMENT BY INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC HEALTH IN IRELAND (IPH). OUR GOAL IS TO MAKE YOUR REVIEW OF AVAILABLE INTERVENTIONS AS RIGOROUS AS POSSIBLE BY SEARCHING AS WIDELY AS POSSIBLE FOR CANDIDATES
- DETAILS ABOUT EACH INTERVENTION WERE SUPPLIED BY THEIR LEAD ORGANISATION DURING AN AUDIT OF OBESITY RELATED INTERVENTIONS THAT WAS CONDUCTED BY IPH initially and in collaboration with ASOI and the Public Health England Obesity Knowledge and Intelligence Team (formerly NOO) from 2013.