Public Health England (PHE) worked with the Association of Directors of Public Health (ADPH) and the Local Government Association (LGA) to develop a masterclass to understand what PHE could do to support directors and consultants of public health to embed health and health equity in all policies at a local level.
These documents provide a full report and executive summary of 2 pilot masterclasses held on:
- 25 February 2015 in London
- 17 March 2015 in Manchester
The masterclasses aimed to:
- frame public health challenges and use appropriate language within the context of overarching local authority priorities
- effectively position health and wellbeing in the context of competing (and sometimes conflicting) policy agendas
- engage wider service and policy areas in the pursuit of health and health equity within current economic and funding contexts